There is so much information out there about training, nutrition and different types of workout plans, that it’s hard to work out which ones are effective at producing results in a realistic time frame for the average Joe. At Delta Fitness, we have extensive experience in individualised and highly effective programming for every body type. We bring together the most effective and up-to-date training methods combined with the latest cutting edge thinking in nutrition and dietary supplementation. We understand that both diet and training must work in harmony to produce results and we take time to guide our clients throughout their journey on building a better, stronger, healthier and more athletic body.
Delta Fitness can guide you through the three steps of building muscle:
1) Training – Ask anyone how to build muscle, and the first thing they’ll say involves lifting weights. Most people genuinely believe they are training properly to build lean muscle. However there is more to weight training than just following generalised workout plans. At Delta Fitness, we teach our clients weight lifting techniques specific to building lean muscle. These techniques are different to those which for example would build muscular endurance or strength.
2) Nutrition – Are you training hard in the gym but not seeing noticeable results? Most people don’t realise that 80% of muscle building relies on consistently consuming the right nutrients in the right quantities and proportions. We encourage all of our clients to write a food diary over a one week period to enable our trainers to analyse their baseline nutritional habits and intake. Armed with this information and after discussing each client’s food and drink preferences (e.g. for vegetarians / vegans or those with intolerances and allergies), our trainers construct personalised meal plans to lay the foundations for maximising the muscle building process.
3) Recovery – The demands and stresses of modern life lead many people to neglect proper rest and sleep, but these are exactly the time periods when the body is in a high protein synthesis state. We prioritise recovery periods in every workout plan to ensure the adequate amount of rest for sustainable and effective muscle growth. Added to this we encourage releasing muscle tension through massages, foam rolling, stretching etc.
Lifting weights is more than pumping iron and the benefits go far beyond just looking buff. Other benefits include:
- Physical performance
- Metabolic efficiency
- Decreased risk of injury
- Greater energy
- Increased bone density
- Improved immune system
- Improved mood, confidence and mental health
- Decreased resting blood pressure and lowered risk of diabetes