Both dumbbells and barbells have been used for ages to gain serious muscle. When it comes to personal training, you want to use what will get you the best results the quickest. We’re going to go over the benefits of working out with both dumbbells and barbells, since both have their strengths.
Dumbbells vs. Barbells
First, we need to clear up any confusion that may exist between these two terms.
A dumbbell is a type of free weight that is used in weight training. You can use dumbbells either individually or as a pair. You will always just use one dumbbell per hand.
A barbell is a piece of equipment that is used in weight training and bodybuilding. Barbells have a long bar that has weights attached to the ends of it.
Benefits of Dumbbells
There are several benefits of dumbbells. These include the following:
- You have a wide range of motion with dumbbells that you won’t get with barbells.
- You have muscular balance, since each arm will hold the same amount of weight.
- You get to accommodate an endless amount of isolation movements.
- They provide incredible versatility in how they can be used.
You can also find our dumbbell workout video for home workouts at https://www.deltafitness.london/blog/the-7-best-home-dumbbell-workouts/
Benefits of Barbells
Barbells have quite a few benefits of their own. Here are some of the major ones:
- Your hands become locked into a fixed position, which can’t happen with dumbbells.
- You can have maximal loading, thanks to the stable load.
- You maximize gains in muscle size.
As you can see, both dumbbells and barbells will provide you with benefits you can enjoy in your personal training. Both of these have a place in weight training, so do your best to avoid preferring one over the other.
If you are looking to take your personal training to the next level and get guidance from a professional, then look no further than Delta Fitness in Canary Wharf. You will finally get that body you have dreamed up when we provide our expert guidance. Contact us today to start your journey to a better you.